FHYC Members: Log in to access the member directory and committee lists.

FHYC Historical Highlights

The Fairfield Harbour Yacht Club was formed to promote cruising and racing, the art and science of seamanship, safety afloat, and fellowship among its members.

Interest in founding a yacht club began during a men's cookout in January of 1984. The FHYC was formed with 36 charter family memberships. The burgee design decided upon was a white field with a blue sunburst containing a white anchor with waves and bordered in blue.

Several annual traditions have begun since the club’s inception. The Christmas Food Drive, led by Past Commodores, was initiated in 1992. The first Commodores’ Ball was held in 1993, as was the Christmas flotilla and the Salvation Army Angel Tree program. Club members continue to support these events.

In 1999, the FHYC assisted the POA in charting and dredging Spring Creek. Club members continue to maintain the navigational aids in the creeks and Inner Harbour.

The complete history of the Fairfield Harbour Yacht Club is available on this website and in the history binder in the Yacht Club Library at the POA Activity Center.

 

  Upcoming Events

A Celtic Evening:
The 2020 COMMODORES' BALL
Thursday, March 19 - 1750
  POSTPONED ~ New Date TBA

Impromtu: Sails Over Fairfield
TBA
Click here for details

Three Dinner Cruise
June 18 - 20
Click here for current status

Father's Day Race
June 21

Click here for details

Latham-Whitehurst
Shallow Water Day Cruise

June 27
Click here for details

4th of July Raft-up
(If there are fireworks)

Local Waters Cruise
July 17 - 21

 

 

 

                                                     

 

JSN Epic template designed by JoomlaShine.com